Delos, the Pioneer of Wellness Real Estate, and MGM Grand Las Vegas Introduce First-Ever STAY WELL Rooms
Innovative health and wellness features enhance experience by combating jetlag, improving sleep and purifying air and water
New York, NY and Las Vegas (September 20, 2012) --- Delos, the pioneer of Wellness Real Estate, and MGM Grand Hotel & Casino are pleased to announce the first-ever STAY WELL Rooms, to be completed in October 2012. The Delos-designed STAY WELL Rooms are the first of its kind and will integrate the best of medical science and technology to create hotel rooms that optimize and support the physical and emotional health and well-being of guests.
With more than 12 health and wellness features in each room, the 42 new STAY WELL Rooms, located in the hotel’s main tower, will help guests reverse jetlag; reset the body’s internal 24-hour clock and regulate melatonin levels to promote better sleep; incorporate an advanced water filtration system which infuses Vitamin C into shower water; and offer healthy food and beverage options.
Having spent the past four years collaborating with doctors and researchers at Columbia University Medical School and the renowned Cleveland Clinic, as well as with architects, engineers and contractors, the Delos design strategies are a curated offering, based on extensive medical evidence, that provide optimal conditions for health and well-being.
STAY WELL Rooms at MGM Grand will include the following:
· Advanced Room Lighting: improves the body’s internal clock by assisting in the regulation of melatonin production and sleep/wake cycles
· Wake Up Light Therapy: exposes guests to short periods of blue-shaded lighting to increase energy and reverse the effects of jetlag
· Nightlighting: LED lamps designed to illuminate pathways at night without disturbing melatonin levels
· Dawn Simulator Alarm Clocks: gradually awakens the body
· Vitamin C Shower Infusion: shower water infused with Vitamin C which neutralizes chlorine to promote healthy hair and skin
· STAY WELL Air Purification System: the most advanced HEPA-standard air purification system reduces allergens, toxins and pathogens, creating better air quality and breathing
· Aromatherapy: optional aroma infusion for STAY WELL guests
· Water Filtration System: reduces disinfectant byproducts, chlorine, pesticides and some pharmaceutical and personal care products for the cleanest, most purified in-room water
· EMF Protection: protects STAY WELL guests from electrical equipment that emanates sleep-disruptive Electromagnetic Fields (EMF)
· Photo-Catalytic Coating: breaks down bacteria, virus and VOCs on bacteria-susceptible surfaces
· Cleveland Clinic exclusive access: wellness software includes stress management, sleep and nutrition programs, as well as access to healthy food/drink options developed by the Cleveland Clinic, which guests can use for up to 60 days after their stay
· STAY WELL Channel: World-renowned health and wellness expert, and Delos advisory board member Dr. Deepak Chopra will welcome guests to MGM Grand through in-room televisions, followed by an educational video on the features in the room
“We know our guests come to Las Vegas to escape and unwind, but we also know that an increasing number of them are looking to take their wellness lifestyle ‘on the road’ as an extension of their daily, healthful lives at home,” said Scott Sibella, president and COO of MGM Grand. “The STAY WELL rooms at MGM Grand provide an unprecedented opportunity for a complete wellness hotel experience.”
In addition to Dr. Deepak Chopra, the Delos advisory board brings together luminaries in wellness, science, public policy and business including the Honorable Dick Gephardt (Former House of Representatives Majority Leader), Senator Mel Martinez (R-Fla. and Former Senator and HUD Secretary), the Honorable Terry McAuliffe (Former Chairman of Bill Clinton’s Presidential Campaign and Former DNC Chairman), Jason McLennan (World Renowned Sustainable Building Expert) and Dr. Michael Roizen (Chief Wellness Officer at The Cleveland Clinic).
“We are thrilled to introduce Delos’ innovative wellness designs at MGM Grand,” said Morad Fareed, co-founder of Delos. “The health and wellness amenities in the new STAY WELL Rooms are designed not only to help guests lead a healthier life while traveling, but also to extend the healthy impact beyond the hotel room through online services that allow them to take some of these wellness services back home with them until their next stay at MGM Grand.”
Until now, Delos has worked in the private home sector, and has completed its first commissioned loft space in Manhattan. This fall, Delos will launch its flagship development, the world’s first Wellness Real Estate residential community, at the crossroads of Greenwich Village and Union Square in New York City. The project will incorporate more than 50 wellness features into the architecture and design that aim to reduce stress, enable more restful sleep, increase energy and vitality, improve blood circulation and posture, optimize digestion, and enhance immunity and respiratory health.
STAY WELL Rooms at MGM Grand will include a $30 per night upgrade above the prevailing room and suite rates. STAY WELL accommodations can be reserved at mgmgrand.com or by calling 1.800.929.1111.
About Delos LLC®:
A U.S.-based real estate developer, Delos has pioneered Wellness Real Estate™, which incorporates amenities that help sustain both the environment and enhance residents' health and well-being. Delos designs include an array of innovative, built-in amenities that research suggests will improve various aspects of individual occupant health including: cardiovascular, respiratory and sleep health, orthopedic health, weight and metabolism management, stress reduction, mood enhancement, cognition and memory enhancement, health literacy and health behavior motivation. More information on Delos is available at www.delosliving.com.
About MGM Grand Hotel & Casino:
MGM Grand, a AAA Four Diamond resort, provides the ultimate Vegas experience. A variety of newly remodeled luxurious suites and standard accommodations serve every need while guests discover signature dining by celebrity chefs including Tom Colicchio’s Craftsteak, Wolfgang Puck’s Bar & Grill and AAA Five Diamond and Michelin three star restaurant, Joël Robuchon; world-class entertainment at the Grand Garden Arena; the astonishing KÀ by Cirque du Soleil; Brad Garrett’s Comedy Club; Hakkasan, a new fine dining/nightlife concept (Spring 2013); a pampering spa and salon; and an elaborate 380,000-square-foot, non-smoking conference center. MGM Grand is a wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM). For more information and reservations, visit mgmgrand.com or call toll free at (877) 880-0880 or find us on Facebook and Twitter.